1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Help Fine Tune My Lift Plans

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Jeremy09LTZCrew, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew New Member 1000 Posts

Your post reminded me of a bumper sticker I saw one time that actually made me laugh out loud while I was driving. I'm not sure I should post it though as some might not appreciate it as much.

That being said, I'm still leaning toward the nerfs mostly because I don't want to hide them. I have a friend back home who has the automatic ones and they are kind of cool to see come out when you open the door, but just not what I'm going for on my truck.
  2. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I lifted my truck to keep the fat chicks out? Cuz that's on the bumper

Bit I understand what your saying, the right nerd bars give your truck the right look but my think is I want as much ground clearance as possible in my silverado, it won't be anywhere close to the cummins in size
  3. Jeremy09LTZCrew

That'd be the one. Though the one I saw said "because fat chicks can't jump". Either way. And I've thought about getting it, but my wife already has this idea I wouldn't love her anymore if she got fat. That probably wouldn't help the complex.

And the clearance vs look is what I wrangle with. Basically, my end goal with my truck is to prove function and form and co-exist well. It does mean I have to sacrifice one somewhere and the other somewhere else though.
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

ROFL! 'Nerd bars', that's priceless!
  5. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Auto correct haha
  6. sfdefender24

sfdefender24 New Member ROTM Winner

I know this thread is a few months old but if your looking for a quality lift, I would look into Tcs custom suspension. Ive been talking with them for a little over a month now and They offer a stage 2 7"-9" lift with rear blocks and all bolts for right around 2000, it comes with kicker bars, bilistein front replacment struts and rear shocks. You can upgrade to kings for an extra 2000 and even get rear traction bars for another 500. I would personally look into these guys, They are outta Cali. They offer great prices on rims and tires as well..

Here is there website: http://www.titscustomsuspension.com/ (not much on there for products but they do have contact info)

and if you have facebook here is there link: http://www.facebook.com/TCSuspension
  7. Jeremy09LTZCrew

I was trying to look at them a while back as I've heard a lot of good things, but on this government network, it was blocked. You can probably figure out why that might be. That being said, I finally broke down and bought myself a laptop, so I can check it out from my room.

Never mind. Just tried the link and it's not blocked anymore. Now if they'd just unblock fantasy football and gmail chat I'd be set.
  8. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts

They have some nice looking trucks in their gallery but their list of products is severly lacking.
  9. sfdefender24

sfdefender24 New Member ROTM Winner

They post alot of lifts on facebook. I know alot of guys there run TCS and FTS and love them. they say the lift are better then fabtech and others. They are a dealer for alot of company such as fox, king, cognito and many more. call them for more info. I am by now means a rep for them, just putting out a good word for the guys that are helping me
  10. Jeremy09LTZCrew

They look really nice. I'll have to research the lifts themselves and see what they can do when I'm ready to buy.