1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Help guys with black trucks ~ truck cleaning

Discussion in 'Detailing & Truck Care' started by groceryman, Sep 7, 2011.

Random Gallery Photos

1. groceryman

groceryman New Member 100 Posts

I am going to try to wax/polish my truck this weekend any suggestions on what would be the best product to use. My paint is in pretty good shape a few water spots and a few light swirls.
  2. ntbush83

ntbush83 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Meguiars gold standard wax is the best I've used so far!
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Meguiars has a new Ultimate polish and Ultimate wax for black trucks that works great. I use Meguiars MirrorGlaze #7 polish and then follow with there #26 wax, but when I use these up ( it will be awhile as I have a gallon of the #26 wax, LOL) I think I'm going to get the new Ultimate stuff. I see Walmart is carrying the new stuff.

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

If you go to my lastest photo album you can see the truck after a polish and wax with the #7 polish and the #26 wax.
  4. groceryman

groceryman New Member 100 Posts

Just went and got some of the meguiars ultimate liquid wax gunna give it a try tomarrow i will let yall know how it goes
    [h=2][/h]
  5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Zymol works the best on dark colors, and it's easy to remove with little elbow grease
  6. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

After Washing a Vehicle and Before Applying.....Polish/Wax.......doing a Clay Bar is a item you may want to do if you have not done it before........Below is a link that show why a Clay bar should be done before Applying Polish/Wax and how a Clay Bar Works,

Link.....On Clay Bar,
    http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-36-adams-detailing-clay-bar.aspx#video

I've done the Clay Bar Showing in the Link Above and I was Blowing Away at the Difference in How Smooth the Surface of the Paint was on my Truck after doing the Clay Bar.
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  7. ntbush83

ntbush83 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I've really been wanting to try the clay bar! Just haven't been able to set a whole day aside to get it done. I heard it takes a pretty good while.
  8. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Nathan......For me it takes around......1Hr to 1-1/2Hr......to do my Truck.
  9. AA1PR

AA1PR Member

I have been using the Turtle wax Ice with excellent results
    [​IMG]
  10. pray1140

pray1140 New Member