Help guys with black trucks ~ truck cleaning

Discussion in 'Detailing & Truck Care' started by groceryman, Sep 7, 2011.

1. groceryman

groceryman Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I am going to try to wax/polish my truck this weekend any suggestions on what would be the best product to use. My paint is in pretty good shape a few water spots and a few light swirls.

2. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Meguiars gold standard wax is the best I've used so far!

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Meguiars has a new Ultimate polish and Ultimate wax for black trucks that works great. I use Meguiars MirrorGlaze #7 polish and then follow with there #26 wax, but when I use these up ( it will be awhile as I have a gallon of the #26 wax, LOL) I think I'm going to get the new Ultimate stuff. I see Walmart is carrying the new stuff.

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

If you go to my lastest photo album you can see the truck after a polish and wax with the #7 polish and the #26 wax.

4. groceryman

groceryman Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Just went and got some of the meguiars ultimate liquid wax gunna give it a try tomarrow i will let yall know how it goes
    [h=2][/h]

5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Zymol works the best on dark colors, and it's easy to remove with little elbow grease

6. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

After Washing a Vehicle and Before Applying.....Polish/Wax.......doing a Clay Bar is a item you may want to do if you have not done it before........Below is a link that show why a Clay bar should be done before Applying Polish/Wax and how a Clay Bar Works,

Link.....On Clay Bar,
    http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-36-adams-detailing-clay-bar.aspx#video

I've done the Clay Bar Showing in the Link Above and I was Blowing Away at the Difference in How Smooth the Surface of the Paint was on my Truck after doing the Clay Bar.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  7. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I've really been wanting to try the clay bar! Just haven't been able to set a whole day aside to get it done. I heard it takes a pretty good while.

8. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Nathan......For me it takes around......1Hr to 1-1/2Hr......to do my Truck.

9. AA1PR

AA1PR Rockstar

I have been using the Turtle wax Ice with excellent results
    [​IMG]

10. pray1140

pray1140 New Member