Help, I've Fallin Down and Can't Get Up!

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by Psyc0, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Psyc0

Psyc0 Rockstar 100 Posts

Did a real dumb thing this afternoon........:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Drained the transmission on My '03 Grand Prix (4T65e trans), changed the filter, cleaned the pan, and installed a new pan gasket.

Where da hail do ya fill this thing at ? I do declare.....what a pita! :rofl:

2. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

I'm not familliar with that one, but since 99.9% of the others fill through the dipstick hole, I'd check there. There might even be a blurb in your owners manual about where to add it when it's low...

3. Psyc0

Psyc0 Rockstar 100 Posts

No dipstick tube on this thing that I can find.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

Oops...nevermind!

I found the little bugger.

Thank You, anyhoo!

4. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

I googled 4T65E & found this forum. Ha, that's a transaxle, no dipstick. It explains the fill cap & the level sight plug & tells it is on the passenger side near the axle. It also cautions against taking the plug out unless the engine is running as the fluid will pour out. It gives complete instructions for fill/check etc. It says '06 Malibu but is the 4T65E
    http://www.automotiveforums.com/t70...ge_tansmission_fluid_for_2006_malibu_lt_.html

5. Psyc0

Psyc0 Rockstar 100 Posts

Got 'er up, filled, and running this AM.

Changed the motor oil as well, while I had the drain pan out and the car up off the floor.
    Wasn't nearly as dirty a job as usual with a transmission fluid change.
    Took My good ole time, allowing her to drain slow and into the pan, and not onto the floor.

It was good of You to help with the search, Stephan...TY! :glasses:

6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Glad stephan was able to help you get up. How long were you laying down there?:lol: