1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

help! led light bar wiring to where fog lights used to be....

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by Z71FTW, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Z71FTW

Z71FTW New Member

Okay so I'm going to purchase an led light bar for my truck, unused to have fog lights until rocks broke them, the wiring and connecters are still there, so my question is will I be able to use the existing wiring and relays that were on the fog lights for the led bar with out having to purchase a whole new wiring kit?

Thanks in advanced!
  2. BRB46

BRB46 Member 100 Posts

I don't see why you couldn't. Just check the amp draw on the new light bar and make sure the fuse to the existing fog circuit is a little higher. Probably is a 10 or 15 amp fuse. Not sure without going out and looking at mine. Also make sure the polarity is correct or the bar will not work. You most likely will have to use a meter to determine positive on the truck wiring. Maybe post a picture of the bar and some specs as others might be interested.
  3. okiemudslinger

okiemudslinger New Member

I did just that on my truck IMAG0401.jpg I just cut the plug off and wired the light to the factory lights