Help- Lifting 2002 suburban

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Alex Kenefick, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Alex Kenefick

Alex Kenefick New Member

Hey all,
    I'm new to the club. I have a 2002 Suburban and want to put a lift on it. Im thinking maybe 2 inches in the front and 1 in the back, or 1 inch in the front and none in the back. What kind of parts should I be looking for to do this and what should I know about this procedure? (Side effects, pros, cons, etc.)

Thanks everyone!

2. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club. You can raise the front of your burban a few ways. One way is to crank up the torsion bars. The pro for this is the cost. None. Other than an alignment. Another way is to install torsion bar lift keys. This will give you around 2"'s. For $100 - 150 plus alignment. Or there is a spring spacer that could be installed between the coil spring and the chasis.
    http://www.suspensionconnection.com/cgi-bin/suscon/scan/fi=products/st=db/co=1/sf=category/se=Leveling%20Kits/op=eq/nu=0/sf=veh_make/se=Chevy/op=eq/nu=0/sf=model/se=Suburban/op=eq/nu=0/ml=25/tf=category/to=x/tf=veh_make/to=x/tf=model/to=x/tf=description/to=r.html

3. Alex Kenefick

Alex Kenefick New Member

Thanks! Will this effect my MPG or horsepower or anything?

4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

It will not effect your HP in anyway. But, adding larger tires will effect your MPG and generally cause you to wear out front end components faster (ball joints, pitman + idler arms..etc)

5. Corso

Corso Member