Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

help,loud clunk??

Discussion in 'Chevy Express Forum (GMC Savana)' started by doordoc35, Mar 23, 2014.

1. doordoc35

doordoc35 New Member

I have a 2004 gmc savana 3500,all of the sudden i got a loud clunking noise from the right front side,then the wheel would pull to the right and feel like it was rubbing,then it went away till about another mile then the same thing(very loud),i got it home and checked the calipar and that was fine??any ideas??
  2. thesavo

thesavo New Member

I would guess at a tie rod end
  3. Dana W

Dana W Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Have you ever replaced the ball joints? We had a bolt on after market upper ball joint exibit those same symptoms because the mounting bolts cam loose and fell out. Subsequently, the steering knuckle and wheel came loose, pulled the lower ball joint out of its socket and ended up jammed under the frame rail. Somehow the tie rod (severely bent) and the soft brake line (also severely beaten on) did not break loose. Luckily the failure happened at about 15 mph so nobody got hurt. Another thing to look at is loose A arm mounts, or pitman, idler arm.