Help me build it! ~ 2014 Silverado 2500HD fully loaded LTZ

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by XS ive, Jul 25, 2013.

Newest Photos

1. XS ive

XS ive New Member 100 Posts

Hey guys,
    It looks as though I am pulling the trigger on a 2014 2500HD fully loaded LTZ with the 6.6/Allison. The color is Summit White. The reason for the upgrade is because of the need for a lot more towing of the 5-7k lb enclosed trailer than I anticipated when I bought my beloved XS ive 1500 SC edition.

I am going to lift this one in fairly short order and need some input. The only thing I am certain of is that the rims will be chrome. Everything else is open for discussion!
    Keep in mind the truck will be towing through mountains regularly and I don't want to compromise the torque/fuel mileage too much with super huge/heavy tires. If you look at XS ive, she pretty clearly defines my tastes. If it didn't have to work so hard in the hills, I'd keep it forever.
    Any input on the following appreciated! :great:

Size and type tires-
    Brand rims-
    Size and type of lift-
  2. ajarman

ajarman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Cognito 4-6" kit
    33's-35's depending on your taste
    20x9 or 20x10 XD Diesels
  3. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 New Member 100 Posts

^^^ that but with 20x10 Ultra Predators or 20x10 ION Alloy 183
  4. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 New Member 100 Posts

I will second the Ultra wheel choice. Great wheels for great prices
  5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Come on out to Carlisle Pa Aug 2-4th for the Largest truck show in the US You will get some Great ideas and deals... Worth the ride...
  6. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

If you are not going to off road it, then why lift it?

The LTZ with the Duramax/Allison combo already has stock 18" alloy wheels and you can get optional 20s.

My recommendation is to leave the truck ride height and tires stock. I think that truck would look really good in red.
  7. ajarman

ajarman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Why put an exhaust and tune on a truck if you are not going to race it?
  8. stchman

Because the chicks dig it!!!!!!!:rules:
  9. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 New Member 100 Posts

Look like you answered your own question :glasses:
  10. stchman

Typical forum stuff, someone asks for an opinion, someone else does not like it, and they want to argue it until the end of time.

I don't care if someone puts a 72" lift or wants to use leveling kits on every vehicle they own. They can do what they want.

The OP asked for an opinion so I gave it to them. If the OP does not like my opinion, they are free to ignore it.