1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Help me build it! ~ 2014 Silverado 2500HD fully loaded LTZ

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by XS ive, Jul 25, 2013.

1. XS ive

XS ive New Member

Actually, I don't care what the chicks think. I don't need my truck for that. I'm doing this because I like it!

Curious why everyone is going to larger 20" rims. I kinda like the 18's I have now. Will have to check selection.
  2. Oh, tough crowd, tough crowd...

[​IMG]

It was a joke, ya'll need to lighten up! :rolleyes:
  3. yotchie

yotchie Member

supercharge the old one and good to go lol
  4. XS ive

XS ive New Member

It's all good. :great:
  5. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

engine swap it. throw a dirty max in the truck you have now!!!!!

Alex
  6. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts

On the 2014 Silverado 2500HD (LTZ package) there are 2 rims, an 18" and a 20". According to the owners manual, the 18s or 20s make no bearing on the tow rating.

Since you asked for our opinions, my opinion is to leave the truck as stock as possible if you are going to use it for heavy towing.

If you decide to put a huge lift, huge tires, leveling kit, etc., that's your decision.

- - - Updated - - -

No problem, I was not offended in any way, and I am a huge Rodney Dangerfield fan. I love his movies.
  7. XS ive

XS ive New Member

It was considered.... as was a 6.0 gas motor/tranny combofrom a crate.... Just not feasible for me.

- - - Updated - - -

The truck will be used for towing, not necessarily heavy towing. Yes, I asked for opinions and leaving it stock is a consideration, I just like lifted and unique trucks. I'm sure the 6.6/Allison with 35" or even 37.5" tires won't know my 7500lb max weight tandem V-Nose trailer, usually totally loaded to a max of about 5500lbs, is even behind it. The 1500/5.3l/3.73s seemed to do too much work in the mountains for my liking which is why I am upgrading.
  8. ajarman

ajarman New Member 1000 Posts

Lift it! Only reason is so many people will suggest 20's is to clear the upper control arms. I was not able to run as wide of a tire as I would have liked with a 17 with -0 offset. Went to a 20 and takes the suspension out of the equation. Also, some lift company's suggest 20's with their kits.
  9. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member

I am vary happy with my suspension upgrades... I went with read lift... I installed their UCA kit' leveling kit and shocks. I gained two inches all the way around... and rides and handles way better than stock.
  10. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

This sounds like a great project, please keep us updated!