Help me identify a year range for replacement truck.

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by 92WT, Jan 31, 2010.

1. 92WT

92WT New Member

I have a 1992 K1500 work truck with a 4.3L & 5 spd manual transmission that is going to need major components rebuilt if I can't find a replacement.

Things I would consider mandatory in a replacement truck.
    1. Manual transmission
    2. 4wd
    3. W/T edition (I need the long bed short cab, like the stripped interior and the blacked out exterior)
    4. Basic throttle body injection (like what I have now, not multi port, ill sacrifice efficiency and power for ease of maintainance any day)

I wouldn't mind a 5.7L V8 this time around but its not necessary and depends on the fuel system they used on them in different years.

I know the W/T edition came out in 1990 but I don't know what year range GM used throttle body injection on the various engines before they upgraded. If anyone knows where I could look that up for the various V6 and V8 engines that would be nice.

The main problem I seem to have is finding a manual transmission with 4wd. GM seems to be allergic to anything you shift yourself.

If this seems hopeless or well out of my price range I'll move the topic to rebuilding and upgrading what I have now.