HELP ME Polish My Mickey Thompson Wheels

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by kburb, Oct 4, 2010.

1. kburb

kburb Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Looking for a good polish for my MT's. I have what looks like salt deposits on the wheels and cannot get them off. i have tried 000 steel wool and WD 40, Mothers Billet Polish, Maguires Hot wheel, the Power Ball and polish but no luck HELP!!!!!

2. sweetassz71

sweetassz71 Rockstar

have u tried the mothers mag polish it always good for me or flitz polish

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I use Meguiars Mag&Aluminum wheel polish part #G-13508. I have M/T's on my Silverado and Suburban, down here there are dirt roads made from shell. It can be acidic and live deposits on the wheels. I use a small air polisher with foam egg-grate pads from 3M. Sometimes if the wheels get bad I have to spend alot of time on each wheel.

4. Jim D.

Jim D. New Member

You might have to do some fine wetsanding if you have pitting -- finish with 1200 or 1500, then follow with a polish.

FYI, Mothers Billet Polish is more of a finishing polish, so use one of the other polishes first.

Mothers also sells online a PowerBall Mini MD and PowerMetal Scratch Removing Polish, and these are more aggressive and are designed for scratch removal and severe oxidation.

You might also try an acidic wheel cleaner to etch the surface clean before polishing -- just be careful to not let it sit for more than 30 seconds or so and rinse thoroughly.