Help me spend money!

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Sierraowner5.3, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Thats right folks, help me spend money!

Deal is, got some money coming from income tax refund. I have $400 or so to play with. $145 is going to a custom tune from Diablew (06MONTESS) :)

what else should I get for best bang for the buck? Volant CAI? Led interior lights? Led esterior lights? (in bed, reverse lights...) Led light bar for the rear end? some custom paint work?

I have toyed with getting some auxiliary reverse/work lights wired on a 3 way connection (auto on when in reverse, and switched)Reason being for the reverse lights, I have some of http://www.truck-lite.com/webapp/wc...10001&storeId=10001&productId=77070&langId=-1

its the far right light, and yes its in 12 volt. [MENTION=34858]Enkeiavalanche[/MENTION] is hooking me up with a Carr light bar, so I will have to get those set up and wired once the bar gets here. (already paid for)

just looking for some ideas and opinions.

thanks!

Alex

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

You could get the WhiteNight system.... Hint hint... install_Avalanche2010.jpg

3. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Bushwacker rail caps!

4. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

How close are size wise are those lights to the stock fog/driving lights?
    You could do a bunch of the things on your list for that money if you do it yourself. The tailgate bar is around $100. The cost of the paint and other supplies should come to around $100 to do any paint work. I bought my LED's for the interior off of amazon for around $40.

5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

My experience with the tailgate bars are don't get one lol!!! They are all crap!! I have bought the Recon fire and ice bar, lasted a year and a half. Bought an ebay $29.00 tailgate light bar, It lasted a year. The only difference between the two, I could have bought 7 of the ebay bars for what I payed for the Recon bar. I don't buy them any more, they just don't last.

What kind of custom paint work are we talking about? Airbrush, pinstripe or are we talking do it yourself? If your talking professional paint work, $400 wouldn't even cover a set of fender flares. I would spend the $400 on something else.

I had the Putco led bed lights on my Colorado, and they are not that bright at all. I ended up tearing those out, and buying a cheap set $40 of led white underbodys and they fit perfect under the bed rails and they are hellaciously bright!!!

Don't ya just love tax time!!

6. Sierraowner5.3

ya know, i just had a thought, i think im gonna set a appointment and get my bed rails sprayed with line-x like my bedliner.

the paint work i was talking about was some DIY stuff ive ben toying with, some red accents here and there, try and get the shade like the GMC logos on the front and back.

see how much that is, may get some led interior lights as well.

Alex

7. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

My light bar from IPCW has gone through Salt,Snow and rain for over 4 years never had a problem.. DSCF1113.jpg

8. Sierraowner5.3

that is pretty sweet. may have to look at one of those.

Alex

9. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

@Enkeiavalanche, what brand is that. I had one previously and it lasted a few months. I live in MI so mine will see everything your does

I like the interior LED idea. I would like to do mine but most of the work my truck needs is exterior

10. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I have had my Recon tailgate bar for almost 2 years witout issue.