Help me with a leveling kit decision!!

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by mxracer919, Apr 22, 2009.

Newest Photos

1. mxracer919

mxracer919 New Member

Ok, going to do a leveling kit on my truck, just cannot decide which one to go with. here is a link that includes a pic of my truck http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21558, i just put some 20's on it and the tires rub a little. Have looked at the pro comp, and ready lift leveling kits, they both raise the front 1.5". Have also looked at the rough country kit which looks like it does up to 2". Any ideas or suggestions on a differnet kit? Thanks!

There is almost a 3" difference between the front and the rear.....
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  2. mxracer919

mxracer919 New Member

Would it be possible to use the rough country kit in addition with the pro comp kit? I believe that the rouch country goes on the bottom and the pro comp mounts to the top? With the rough country you have the option of up to 2" with two 1/2" spacers and a 1" spacer, in addition to the pro comp 1.5" spacer.....just an idea, anyone tried it?
  3. Montana

Montana New Member

I have had th eRough Country kit installed on two Tahoes here at the Border Patrol Station and they have performed quite well. Our vehicles take a beating and haev had no problems at all. Also, Bilstein make a lift shock that we have used as well with excellent results. You may get a bit more llift out of the Bilstein. HTH. :glasses:
  4. mxracer919

mxracer919 New Member

thanks for the help!
  5. mxracer919

mxracer919 New Member

anybody used the ready lift leveling kit? They have one that does 2.25" for $230
  6. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I was gonna say I would go with something like the bilstein lift like he said or run the rancho quicklift system
  7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

help me with a leveling kit decision

Ditto the Bilstein kit. It has different adjustments on the shock from 1.5inch to 2.7 inchs and you get a great front shock. They also offer a rear shock to match the front shocks valving.
  8. mxracer919

mxracer919 New Member

I like the looks of the rancho, plus you buy one you get the 2nd half off. Makes it where it is not that much more expensive than a leveling kit
  9. dragon69694u

dragon69694u New Member

Rancho Leveling Kit

Well I got done with my Rancho Leveling kit with the 9000xl rears here is the link. Hope you can see the difference The one that doesn't say rancho on it is the stock photo. It was easy for the rear shocks of course but the front was a different story. Of course they're adjustable but in pain-in-the-but place. So far the drivability is good I've done stiff and soft you can tell the difference. All in all nice if you put these is remember that the dial is pointing away from the engine not toward. It took me a little longer to figure that out I guess the design threw me off.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24746822@N04/

2008 Sierra Crew Cab Z71 4x4 Black
  10. mxracer919

mxracer919 New Member

I decided to go with the ready lift 2.25 kit. I just picked it up today....plans are to put it on tommorow after work, but we will see it i can get to it in time...i will post some pictures of it after i get finished.