1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Help me with color for my truck!

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by pmartin816, Apr 3, 2010.

Random Gallery Photos

1. pmartin816

pmartin816 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

All right I am trying to figure out exactly what color or colors I want to paint my truck. I have just about finished all the priming and prep work. So I should be getting it painted this week or next. So I'm looking for some opinions on what yall think. I'm looking at solid black or keeping the black and silver look. I dont want the goofy red pin stripe that I had or the chrome across the bottom of my truck.

Here is what I had....
    [​IMG]

Here is a pic of just a black one I found...
    [​IMG]

Here is another one thats mostly black with silver on the bottom....
    [​IMG]

And finally here is a truck with the black and the silver reversed.... I know its not a suburban but its what I could find....
    [​IMG]

I am open to other opinions as well. Just really wanted to see what everybody thought or if theres another idea out there that I'm missing. Thanks.
  2. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Have you considered "Slpray on bed liner"? Very tough material and easy to clean up.
  3. pmartin816

pmartin816 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Yeah I have but I think I still want to be able to shine my truck up from time to time. I have considered make the bottom foot or so of the body line x but havent made up my mind yet.
  4. bamf_shadow

bamf_shadow New Member

I think that silver with the black stripe looks sharp!
  5. Coolrado

Coolrado New Member 100 Posts

I think the last picture looks the best but I would just have the silver on the top, I wouldn't do another section of silver on the bottom.
  6. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I vote for the silver in the middle.. Two tone looks a lot better on these trucks since there is such a huge amount of space. Kinda breaks it up and makes it look better in my opinion..
  7. 07silverado07

07silverado07 New Member 100 Posts

I personally like the all black, but the silver and black reversed looks good also, maybe do it like coolardo says and just do silver on top and the rest black.
  8. j-schmizzle

j-schmizzle New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

i like the silver & black combo on the truck.
  9. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Do all black with matt black racing stripes down that baby:)
  10. bigdaddy77084

bigdaddy77084 New Member 100 Posts

Black for sure..