1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Help! Need advice in a new mod!

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by JTWard, Apr 4, 2014.

Random Gallery Photos

1. JTWard

JTWard Member 100 Posts

$T2eC16Z,!)!E9s2fDO8VBS!wo9gTjw~~60_57.jpg SANY0022.jpg SANY0021.jpg SANY0023.jpg SANY0024.jpg View attachment 58536 I have a 1990 Silverado regular cab and I'd like to add 2 handle grips to the two 'A' pillars. So passengers and myself will have a easier way to climb up into the cab. Anybody ever try this ? I bought a set of handles in tan and they were taken off a 1996 Tahoe, and I'm just wondering how to install them and have a very professional look to them ? I would imagine they would need special fasteners to hold a person's weight as they pulled themselves up into the trucks cab ?
  2. JTWard

JTWard Member 100 Posts

OK, Can anyone post pictures of where they have 'Grab-Handles' on their trucks, and any of the 1996 or 98, 2000 or later models so I can get a feeling for where the drive and passengers grab-handles are located. I have a friend who owns a body shop and he is a 1988-98 Chevy fan, He has 5 of them including the flatbed tow truck. We looked at on of the 2500 with the molding that goes around the side window removed and it looks like GM has put 5/16 nuts up into the area above the door handles for the purpose of having grab handles to help getting in and out. I'm 62 and I usually pull on the steering wheel to get in. But I'd like to have the grab handles like in later models. Thank you for your help.
  3. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Mine are approx 6-8" below the overhead on my 99. Currently don't have a picture on this computer but I'll try and snag one in a little bit. My 97 had them mounted on the crease of the A pillar plastics I believe.
  4. JTWard

JTWard Member 100 Posts

OK, And thank you ! Your Navy, I was in the Seabees, NMCB-1, 21st Naval Regiment, 1st Fleet. We were the 2nd battalion to land on Diego Garcia in the Indian Ocean to continue building the radio and radar units & continue the building or the runway there.
  5. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Thats exactly what I want to be doing. Seabee stuff. I'm in V2 on the Eisenhower so I'm a grease monkey. But anyway, I lied, my OSG's (Oh #%$@ grips) are mounted to the roof of my 99. Forgot that they were mounted there but I do not have a picture of my 97 interior. I will try to find one though.

- - - Updated - - -

Hope it showed up

- - - Updated - - -

Heres a link to a pic

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/5060-1997-chevrolet-silverado-truck-interior/
  6. JTWard

JTWard Member 100 Posts

Well it's been a long time, but back when I was in, you could request a change of billet, ( your job) and you'd need to go to Gulfport MS to attend a 'A' school, and upon completion, you'd be assigned to a CB or Construction Battalion. And you need to go to Camp Lejeune once a year for 3 weeks to sharpen your combat skills or as in our mission statement, to be able to repel an assault for 12 hours till a Marine assault platoon or three could get to your location.But be forewarned, many of the jobs or deployments are to extremely remote places, I spent 14 months on Diego Garcia, It sits about where this MH370 airliner ditched. There's nothing there, No radio, no TV, lots of used magazine and Booze. We had a USO show come just after the Monsoon season was over. It's been a long time, the war in Vietnam was still going on and it was pretty hot and heavy in 1971 & 72 ? But I spent a lot of time with U.S. Marines. Greatest bunch of guys I ever met. Worse thing your enemy will ever hear, is the US is sending Marines. I'm getting pretty off topic, but I can say I served with the best soldiers in the world United States Marines. But good luck and thank for your advice on my truck.