1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Help needed adjusting brakes

Discussion in 'Medium-duty Truck Forum' started by Ksmith203, Mar 16, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Ksmith203

Ksmith203 New Member

[MENTION][/MENTION]Hi, my name is Kevin. I drive hook truck for an Akron Ohio container company called Estes Hauling. I drive a 2000 C7500 with. cat engine. I brought my truck home to clean it up and replace the tail lights. I notice my truck air brake does not hold like it used to. I figure the slack adjusters need adjusted but I am not sure how to do it so I joined this forum. I would appreciate any help you can offer. I would like to adjust them tomorrow since I have all the other work completed. I am mechanical but have worked mostly on fords. Here is what the truck I built looked like when finished and what I started with. So if you give me the basics I will be able to adjust the brakes. I looked at the slack adjusters and saw what I thought to be the stud to turn to adjust the brakes but thought I would make sure before I screwed up something.

image.jpg image.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
  2. BIGG BOY

BIGG BOY New Member

Hi my name is mark im a truck driver how we adjust them 3/8 or 11 mm socket or wrench turn till brakes r tight to drum then back off 1/4 turn to do the front take a wooden tape front brakes should measure 1/4 from the back of the push rode if you have any problem be in akron on wed. the bolt you c on the slack adjuster is the one your looking for