GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

HELP NEEDED! for light install

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by sjorians1, Aug 17, 2009.

1. sjorians1

sjorians1 New Member

I just bought a N fab lgiht bar and 4 procomp 8 inch 130s lights to put on it! only problem is i dont know how to run the wiring harness into my cab from the engine for the switch on my dash? I have a 1999 chevy silverado extended cab. Where is a hole in the firewall or a hole i can run the wires through? Pictures would be much appreciated!
  2. sjorians1

sjorians1 New Member

I just bought a N fab lgiht bar and 4 procomp 8 inch 130s to put on it! only problem is i dont know how to run the wiring harness into my cab for the switch on my dash? I have a 1999 chevy silverado extended cab. Where is a hole in the firewall or a hole i can run the wires through? Pictures would be much appreciated!
  3. PrestonM

PrestonM New Member

you can probably drill a new hole and install a rubber grommet for this. Usually, there aren't any spare holes in the firewall. Just be sure that you make sure there is nothing in the way when you drill the hole. Also make sure that the firewall isn't double walled, or if it is, make sure you drill through both walls.
  4. tattooed4life

tattooed4life New Member

I drilled mine near the fuseblock to keep all my wires in the same general area. I pulled my carpet and insulation back to access the area better. I then looked for a harness, line, or anything that went thru the firewall. Once I established the spot on the inside I then went into the engine compartment and found my reference harness or line or whatever. Then check all around the surrounding area to make sure your not going to drill into anything. If need be take measurements from the inside and outside from you reference point to ensure no contact with anything else. Once all is good drill your hole, put in place the correct size grommet and run your wires. I also used a little permatex rtv sealent.( I like to play in the water and mud) for added sealent. Good Luck.
  5. Springthing

Springthing New Member

Should just be to the left (looking down at your feet when you are sitting) of the pedals, just up under the dash. You can try to squeeze some wires in there or just drill yourself a few hole, put in a rubber plug and thread your wires through.