1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

help new motor..

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by 94 chev, Aug 13, 2009.

1. 94 chev

94 chev New Member

my engine is goin out. on my 94 silverado 2500. any suggestions of wut i should put in it ? im thinking 383?

my truck.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks ;]

2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site! If you have been running a 350, the 383 should be an easy swap. I had a '99 3/4 with the 350 and it just was not up to pulling my 5th wheel. The 383 is surely a "step up". From the looks of the "angle of the dangle", I bet it took awhile to get your truck on all four again.

3. tattooed4life

tattooed4life Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

The tv show Trucks just did a worn out 350 to a 383 upgrade it seemed really easy and even easier on the wallet than some of the other routes you could take. When 350 craps out it's 383 for me also.

4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

help new motor

Check out the GM Performance catolog. GM has a several crate 383 motors all with warranty.

5. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

how the hell did you manage to do that to your truck?