1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Help!!!obd codes... Anyone out there know what these codes mean...

Discussion in 'GM Diesel & DuraMax' started by 06 DuRaMaX, Sep 13, 2012.

1. 06 DuRaMaX

06 DuRaMaX New Member

I have 2 diagnostic codes on my 06 chevy silverado 2500hd diesel 6.6l 4x4 lt3 crew cab............1st code is p0672....2nd code is p0650....please help tnx...
  2. Pikey

Pikey Active Member Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

P0672 is a code for #2 glow plug (driverside front)
    P0650 is Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) Control Circuit, LoL. I find it funny and ironic that there is a check engine code for a check engine light. I have little info on this one. It could be that your Service engine light bulb is burned out and not functioning properly. I have heard that sometimes the pins on the plug that goes into the instrument cluster get loose. You can try to take a pick and bend them out so they make better contact. I have only heard of this being a cause and solution to that code, I have never seen the issue myself.
  3. 06 DuRaMaX

06 DuRaMaX New Member

thanx...yea the glow plug seems like an easy fix...its just that other code with the check engine light that concerns me...ive been looking online and there are a lot of questions on this code but no clear explination or solutions....thanx again for ur help...keep me posted if u find anything else on that code plz....i will try to do what u said and see if it fixes this

4. Pikey

When you first turn the key forward it does a "bulb check" all the bulbs on your instrument cluster should light up. Does your engine light turn on during that? If you are handy with a soldering iron it should not be to hard to change out one bulb. They are like .20 cents each on ebay.
  5. 06 DuRaMaX

06 DuRaMaX New Member

yes it checks everything then the engine light stays on...some one told me if ive put in any after market prts...but i havnt added anything to it

- - - Updated - - -

even with that check engine light on the truck runs great...its not affecting any performance on the truck....must be a minor glitch or a fuse...but then again im not a mechanic and its my first diesel truck..lol...dont have a clue just guessing
  6. Pikey

Here is a screen shot of the mil circuit:

Capture.jpg
  7. 06 DuRaMaX

06 DuRaMaX New Member

thanx for the help Pikey...fixed my truck now its running good..no check engine lights ...no codes...=)
  8. bigjim1989

bigjim1989 New Member

What was the fix to your P0650 code?

Thanks
    Jesse