help on fuel filter!!!

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Silverado1500, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Silverado1500

Silverado1500 Rockstar 100 Posts

so i tried replacing my fuel filter. i got rid of the pressure then sprayed some pb blaster to loosen the bolts. i got the bolt on the right side off easy but i stripped the one on the left so i used vise grips. the vise grips got grip but now the side of the fuel filter is bent and i think its leaking a little gas!

i dont know what to do and i need advice quickk

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  2. bzboardco

bzboardco Rockstar 100 Posts

You are not going to lose a alot of fuel just whatever is in the lines. If there is alot you may want it to let it drain and clear the lines to keep fuel from getting in your eyes.

3. Silverado1500

oh alright i hoped not to lose to much
    thanks

4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

help on fuel filter

Becareful with the vise grips, you can egg shape the fuel line nuts and they wont screw back into the new filter. Also put a rag over the old filter and use a pan under it. It seems like alot of fuel comiong out because of pressure but its really not that much fuel that comes out. See if you can borrow line wrenchs to use on the fuel line nuts.

5. Silverado1500

they are stripped pretty bad. i shoulda just left them alone...but yea knowing me i couldnt just let it sit there, i had to eff it up even more. im pretty pissed. might have to take it to the shop. dam nut wouldnt even move..made the filter bend. thats what made it leak im pretty sure

6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

help on fuel filter

Sorry I cant help anymore.:frown:

7. Silverado1500

alright i finally got it fixeddd. took it to this place called Dyke and ask what they could do to fix it and they said it would take 320 and i was like WTH?!

so i took it to my friend's dad which turns out to be a mechanic and he fixed it for me for 20 bucks. it was a relief...