1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

help on how to fit 35 inch tires on suburban

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by shutson1995, Mar 27, 2013.

1. shutson1995

shutson1995 New Member

I have a 2001 suburban 4x4 that im thinking of lifting 6 inches to fit 35" tires, will 6 inch be enough or do i need a 7 inch and will they rub much? I dont tend to take it off road much just want to do it for the looks. Another question, how much power will i lose running stock gearing? Im still in highschool so i cant afford to do lift/tires/and gears at the same time
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

If you get a true 6in lift and the right offset rims they should fit.. Post pics when you can..
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

America's youth making us proud! That's right, go big or go home.
  4. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy New Member 100 Posts

i would reccomend a 3" suspention lift with a 2" body lift...

that way youll save a TON of money, fit the tires you want, get the ground clearance youll need, and still maintain stock suspention geometry for safe dependable driving/controll at highway speeds

just invest in good shocks and regear with the money you will have saved, and your done =)

lift keys and add-a-leaf springs =<$100
    body lift bushings =$<125
    regearing =<$400 (and yes, you will need to re-gear with 35")
    tires = $ up yo you
    laybor= $ also up to you