Help on lift questions for 99 sierra

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Ted Magda, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Ted Magda

Ted Magda New Member

Hi i got a 99 gmc sierra 2500 6.0 (new body style). I was wondering What kind of smaller lift can i get without spending 2 grand for a suspension lift. or is that my only option. I put a 2in block in the rear and turned my torsions all the way up in front. Any other way to raise it? thanks

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

***Thread Moved To Lifted/Off-Road Suspension Section for the Forum***

3. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Did you swap out your torsion keys for aftermarket ones and you could do a body lift

4. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

[MENTION=53328]Ted Magda[/MENTION]- How high do you want to go? Is it to fit a certain size tire? You could go with a body lift or new torsion keys.

5. Ted Magda

Ted Magda New Member

No i didn't swap torsions just turned the ones i had now to lift 1 1/2 inches and blocks in back. i got 285/75/16's now. would like to go bigger if possible. would new torsions lift it higher?

6. IPFK83

IPFK83 Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Yes by buying a torsion key lift you will gain another inch or two, but keep an eye on all of your tie rod angles if you go this direction.

7. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I heard that you can go up with a spindle lift. I know you can go down with one but I'm also sure you can go up with one.