1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Help Please: How to remove front bumper part and rear bumper corners -- 09 silverado

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by mjs84, Dec 28, 2010.

1. mjs84

mjs84 Rockstar

Hello all -- looking to have a few parts powder coated but am unsure on how to remove them. Does anyone know how to remove the front bumper top and rear bumper corners on a NNBS silverado?

Front bumper piece: link here
    Rear bumper corners: link here

Thanks --
    MJ
  2. mjs84

mjs84 Rockstar

Any tips guys? Thanks
  3. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Have you climbed underneath and taken a look to see if you can find the bolts?
  4. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

MJ, for the front bumper here is a link to Zone's 1.5" body lift instructions http://zoneoffroad.com/Instructions/C9154.pdf
    They will walk you through how to take the front bumper off. Once the front end is off, there are a whole bunch of small bolts holding the bumper itself to the front end (this whole thing was a PITA!...and I had to do it twice, once to install the bl and the second to have the bumper powder coated).
    As for the rear corners, if you go under the truck you will see release tabs for the plastic step pieces on top. Once you get those off (another PITA!) you will notice the corners are actually on with rivets. I drilled the rivets out and bought stainless steel bolts and nuts and used those to reassemble once I got the corners back from powder coating. Hope this helps!
  5. mjs84

mjs84 Rockstar

Thanks this does help -- Glad that a simple powder coating job has turned into a PITA! Will make a big difference though...
  6. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Yeah, it is worth it in the end.