Help, please rough idle

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by kinson33, Dec 11, 2012.

1. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Ok. I think we need some vehicle info (I did a quick scan of posts and don't see info), the only wires I'm aware of that go straight down would be the I6 in the Trailblazer set of trucks (or, the I5); but, the I6 doesn't have wires, so I'm stuck.

Yeah, that is the normal. Misfires can be caused by a lot of things, compression leaks, vacuum leaks, both of these could leak when cold and self-seal when the block heats and expands but as moogvo said, the misfire should be addressed first.

2. kinson33

kinson33 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Mystery solved. Running lean causing the misfire because of a bad manifold gasket and MAF sensor. Thanks to everyone for their input. Should have a few miles ahead now of worry free motoring!

- - - Updated - - -

I'll be happy to post pictures tomorrow morning. The coil is straight above the plug... cant mess up the order.

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg
    Isn't this most 5.3 setups? Maybe I didn't describe it well before, but the wires go straight down so the wires would be crossed if you were to snap them into the wrong plugs

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yep, That looks just like my 5.3L (all three that I have owned), except you have the Delco style alternator and I have the Bosch style.

4. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Sorry kinson, I mis-understood. Your pic is the same as my engine, I was thinking you were talking about a coil on plug and I was picturing the shared coils where one coil is for a pair of cylinders. My bad.

Hey, good job tracking down the leak.