1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Help!!! Service Traction Control lights and ABS lights will not go off after lift....

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by Nath, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Nath

Nath New Member

Hello guys,
    I have lifted my 07 Tahoe 4x4[​IMG] 3.5" Rough Country and added Bilstein shocks, but now my abs and traction control lights will not go off, the "service traction controll" flashes up on my readout. this is very frustrating, I love my lift and cant wait to order my 35 inch tires, MT ATZ, BFG ATs, General Grabbers 2, or Nitto DInko AT, or MTs. I cannot decide, but anyway the mechanic told me it takes about 100 miles for the computer to "relearn" and reset....anyone heard of this or is it just BS?
    Nath
  2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts

Usally that works just give it time if it doesnt go away make sure that durring you install you didnt pinch anywires or damge anything. You could also remove the negative battery terminal to clear all codes and see if it comes back. Btw with the newer trucks OBD2 can tell you codes with the abs and traction control so go to a shop and they can read it for free.