1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

help since new battery install

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by yoymon, Sep 28, 2013.

1. yoymon

yoymon New Member

ok just bought a 2004 envoy decided to put new battery in...then the problems started, first I hit key and nothing happened but since it has an aftermarket remote start that doesn't work I new I had to find the box with the reset button on it, found that and hit reset and it fired right up, then it would stall whenever I turned on ac so I googled that and everyone said clean throttle body and all the reasons why etc etc, so I did that and it solved that problem, now it runs just like before BUT......the power door locks don't work using keyfob or door buttons, the dome lights don't work, the indicator light for 4x4 switch doesn't work(but I can hear motor switching in and out of 2 and 4 thanks god)...and the volt guage doesn't work, and the radio is locked....what the heck is going on? I thought maybe I blew a fuse but checked every single one and they all good....HELP!!!!!!!!!
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

For the radio, you may have to call the previous owner and ask him for the unlock code. You could always just try 000 or 1111. For everything else I would first try disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes and reconnecting. I have had some odd issues occur on vehicles after a battery change. Disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes and reconnecting it fixes it many times. I have noticed that I have had the issues when I cause a spark connecting the negative cable. When I reconnect I make sure that I get the threads lined up to the hole as close as possible and then connect it and screw it in one motion. I don't know if the modules start with some sort of calibration when you connect the battery and interrupting it while attempting to get the connection together causes an issue. With all those issues occurring, it sound like a Body Control Module (BCM) issue. But, hopefully disconnecting the battery will fix it. When I disonnect the battery on my yukon I will occasionally have issues with my temp gauge not working. I disconnect and reconnect and it works fine.
  3. yoymon

yoymon New Member

everything worked before what I just described, and just check mega fuse its good, noticed power windows for front work but not for rear and only with engine running not just with key to the on position

- - - Updated - - -

also no chime with key in and door open, I don't understand what has gone bad and is causing all of this just from no battery for 5 minutes

- - - Updated - - -

im afraid to ddisconnect battery for 15 minutes to find more stuff not working, aaaarrrggggghhhhhhhhhh

- - - Updated - - -

update just disconnect the remote starter that didn't work anyway but wanted to eliminate that as being part of the problem, other threads have suggested ignition switch even though theres not a start problem supposedly there is three circuits involved one for ignition and start and another for power to the accessories so maybe switch is partcially bad?
  4. zippstripp

zippstripp New Member

If everything worked before it should work again. Unless you got the cables reversed then that's a PROBLEM. Do what Pikey said or find the main power breaker (fuse) under the hood,maybe 100 amp. Whatever you do try to keep the arcing to a minimum.
  5. yoymon

yoymon New Member

checked the main fuse its good...so you think I should disconnect battery for 15 minutes and see what happens?
  6. zippstripp

zippstripp New Member

Either that or the main fuse to minimize arcing. Battery cable negative side would be more effective.
  7. yoymon

yoymon New Member

so just disconnect negative side for 15?, the megafuse is good and its bolted down at end of fuse box

- - - Updated - - -

alright gotta go to work ill be back with update 2moro thanks for feedback so far guys

- - - Updated - - -

well pikey was right...disconnected battery for 10 min, reconnected now everything works perfectly...I don't get it but ill take it thanks again
  8. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You are welcome. I don't get it either. But, it seems to work most the time.
  9. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts

These trucks have a number of computers (or, treat the truck as one computer with distributed computing) that need to "wake up" and go to "sleep" in the correct sequence.

When your desk top, laptop, or, your smart phone doesn't work correctly, we re-boot it; these trucks are no different.