1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Help starting issue!

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by FireRed, Apr 5, 2009.

1. FireRed

FireRed Rockstar 100 Posts

Hi drove my sub out to my buddies yesterday to got over to CT for an over nighter, jumped in this afternoon it spins over like crazy does a very brief start and die sequence. As soon as I turn the key it does the same thing over and over, I checked all the fuses that I think are related. I do hear the fuel pump do it initial pressure up which allows it to try to start but N/G! Any and all ideas very much appreciated as it is sitting in my buddies driveway!

Phil
  2. johnsstart

johnsstart Rockstar 100 Posts

Sounds like two things if you hear the fuel pump firing then i would check the fuel filter might be clogged. If that turns out good id start checking for firing issues plugs wires coils or distributer cap. Hope that helps but i would def start with the fuel filter if you have never changed and dont know when it was last serviced no gas no crank. :glasses:
  3. FireRed

FireRed Rockstar 100 Posts

Thanks for your input, checked a bunch of stuff then asked my local mechanic, he said it was a security system issue. He was spot on, I went out and did the few things he said to do and it started fine and all is back to normal. He said I would be surprised how many shops would have put a fuel pump in or various other things to fix a non existing problem, sure is nice having an honest mechanic!!!

Phil
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2009