1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

HELP! Tire pressure sensors

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by mxracer919, Jun 16, 2009.

1. mxracer919

mxracer919 Rockstar

Ok, so I traded my 08 for a 09. Pulled the aftermarket 20's off and put the stockers back on(left the 08 sensors in the aftermarket wheels. So I put the 20's on the 09 and I get a code that shows the flat tire and says service the tire pressure monitor system. Can I get them to work by going through the reset process outlined in the owners manual, or do I need to swith over the sensors from my 09? Anyone experienced this?
  2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I would check with GM parts and see if the sensors are the same part number. If they are the dealer or a good scanner should be able to reset the sensors so your PCM sees them. Keep in mind your ABS system won't work correctly until you clear that wheel speed code.
  3. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

any good tire shop should have a tool for them, we charge $20 to reset the TPMS sensors, but make sure they are the same part number first
  4. grimreapersshadow

grimreapersshadow Rockstar 100 Posts

wow you charge to reset? maby thats what i need to start doin xD
  5. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

got to pay for the TPMS scanner some how
  6. mxracer919

mxracer919 Rockstar

i checked on a schrader website and found that the part numbers are the same for the 08 and 09. Couldnt find anything on 09 oem sensors. I plan on calling the dealer today and double checking.
  7. mxracer919

mxracer919 Rockstar

Talked to parts at gm and they said it was the same sensor. Then they transferred me to service and its $95 to get them reset! Goning to have to do some checkin before I do that.
  8. Greg84

Greg84 Rockstar 100 Posts

Can't you do it yourself? I did it on my trailblazer when I changed rims.. took 4 or 5 minutes tops. It said how to do it in the manual, get it in the programming mode and then let air out of each tire in a certain order and it beeps the horn after each one is recognized.
  9. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

thats kinda weird, but does sound like a good idea
  10. mxracer919

mxracer919 Rockstar

Been reading and it looks like I can, gonna give it a try......seems like it should be pretty easy. From reading on here and talking to the dealer it sounded like it had to be done by someone with a scanner.
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2009