1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

help to identifi This GMC Wrecker! (solved: 1980 GMC c-6000)

Discussion in 'Medium-duty Truck Forum' started by wrecker, Oct 2, 2010.

1. wrecker

wrecker New Member

Hallo guys!

http://www.morlock-motors.de/index.php?car=1234

i need help to decode this Vin number:T16DAAV556305
    it is a truck i bought, but all i now its a GMC year 84!
    what type/model is it?

i hope you can help me!

Regards:
    Mads Ingrisch
    Denmark

2. mad1500hd

mad1500hd Rockstar 100 Posts

3. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Hi Wrecker,
    After you decode the VIN# at the link that mad1500 showed you, look on the glove box door or inside on the bottom & you should find a label. It will have additional code numbers on it that will tell you more things about your truck.

Do you have any photos of the front of your truck? There aren't any in the first 10 photos @ your link, and the last 6 aren't showing anything. There are only little red X's where the last 6 photos should be.

4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

It'll probably be hard to find the bed manufacturer unless it has a tag on it, GM didnt make Wrecker, Flat/Slat Side , or Utility beds they were usually locally manufactured, the trucks were delivered to dealers as Bobtails with nothing on the back.
    One of the biggest manufacturers of early Wrecker beds is Holmes, check the winch and any lift gear for tags also as they could give clues to the manufacturer.

5. wrecker

wrecker New Member

6. wrecker

wrecker New Member

7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Wow, that thing is a beast! I took the liberty of posting the photos from that site you linked to.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]