1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

HELP! Traction Control

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by LB'07-Z, Aug 21, 2011.

1. LB'07-Z

LB'07-Z Rockstar 100 Posts

I got in my truck last night and my screen said service traction control. I read in the manual on how to reset it however I couldn't get it to work. A guy I work with knows more about those model chevys than I do and I'm going to get him to see what he can do. Any info will be greatly appreciated! Also if I have to take it to the dealer any ideas on how much it will cost? Thanks in advance!
  2. nos351wcm

nos351wcm Rockstar

First i would verify your tires are all the same size. A vehicle that does not have 4 of the same size tire will set a traction control light on.
    Second, you should get the truck checked for any DTC's or trouble codes that may be stored in the trucks computer. As for dealer cost, well that depends on the dealer and the area you live in. For example the labor rate by me (south jersey) at any typical dealer is usually around $110+
    Hope this helps
    -Dan
  3. Scott77

Scott77 Member

Happened to me a couple months ago, was a check code. Ended up getting throttle body replaced due to a wire short in sensor. The code checked for x voltage over several sensors and threw it into limp mode with traction control and stabilitrac lighting up. A basic code reader is like $30, use google to find out what codes mean (or spend more for a reader that tells you) well worth the investment.
  4. LB'07-Z

Did some more searching around the truck and found a cut traction control wire on rear passenger side tire. Only assuming thats the problem.
  5. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Has your concern been addressed? I would recommend contacting your dealer directly regarding pricing estimates. Keep me updated in regards to your progress at the dealer. Feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions in the meantime. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
  6. LB'07-Z

Spliced the wire back together and fired her up just to see if that fixed it and that seems to be the problem now I just need to get a hold of a rear abs sensor.
  7. LB'07-Z

Went during lunch to the dealer, lucky for me they had a rear ABS sensor instock put it on when I got back to work and $75 later... problem solved! Thanks to thoses who offered advice!