Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Help !!! Transmission cooler lines

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by pedraza202, Nov 25, 2008.

1. pedraza202

pedraza202 New Member

:gasp::gasp::grrrrrr::grrrrrr:
    Hi guys I need help in removing and installing one of the transmission cooler lines. I was driving home yesterday and realized my truck wasn’t going anymore like if my tranny went bad so i stop and realized transmission fluid was pouring everywhere. Good thing I was already next to my house so I parked and it’s been there since. i looked under my truck and one of my transmission cooler lines had a hole so I bought the part already. I have a 99 z71, v8 5.3, 1500, 4wd, automatic, and 4dr. How can I remove and install the line the easiest way without removing any parts. If I have to move parts that’s fine, I’d rather not though lol. I prefer not taking out anything but it looks like I might. Thanks guys.

2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Are these the lines going through the bottom of the radiator?

3. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

GOOD LUCK!!! If it's anything like my Suburban, you pretty much have to have the entire engine out to replace the line with a factory replacement. I'm now running all rubber ATF line and I have yet to pull the old facory lines out. It's gonna be a pain no matter what... :gasp:

4. trenchwarfare

trenchwarfare Rockstar 100 Posts

You don't have to pull the engine out! Maybe a few things will get in the way. If it's too much of a hassle just get some rubber lines with good hose claps and flare the original tubing so they don't slide off.

5. pedraza202

pedraza202 New Member

the lines are running from the transmission to a little radiator in front of the grill. there are two lines there but only one is bad.

6. retired

retired Rockstar 100 Posts

Thats the trans cooler. I believe the lines are rubber and are crimped on. You have to cut the crimp off with a hack saw blade and then replace he hose and clamps. It's about a 75 dollar repair at a shop.

7. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I agree with this one.

8. pedraza202

pedraza202 New Member

I finally got the lines in thanks a lot everybody for the help i really appreciate. they are in now but i have another problem. i post a thread under Powertrain Discussion title is Tranmission problem i think. Hope you guys can help me out with that problem. Once again thanks guys

9. blackmax1963

blackmax1963 New Member

My tranny lines have been replaced 3 times and they still leak Chevy has an issue with their supplier and just kep replacing them as long as it is under warranty they can keep on doing it and when it is up I will do it right but it is coming out of their pockets first.:no: