1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

help troubleshoot brakes 93 chevy 1.2 ton

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by regal557, Jul 3, 2009.

1. regal557

regal557 New Member

Brakes are not mushy. But it takes a lot of effort to stop. There is fluid to the min line in the master cylinder, the line comming out of the powerbooster looks good.

Do I need a power booster, mastercylinder, or both?
  2. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I always replace the booster and master cylinder as a set. I worked a few years in the family parts store and my experience was that if I just sold a master cylinder the customer was back soon for a booster. The fluid leaking from the mc would damage the diaphragm in the booster. If money is tight try the one, but as my mechanic likes to say.......its a hand grenade and the pin has been pulled.:lol:
  3. regal557

regal557 New Member

When I do this (replace master c and power booster drum) will I have to bleed the brakes?
  4. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Add some steel braided brake lines.
  5. regal557

regal557 New Member

no I am doing this as cheap as possible its a winter beater 2wd w. posi.
  6. Jimmiee

Jimmiee New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

X2 on replacing the master and booster as a set. You will have to bleed the system as well. Before you purchase the parts check your wheel cylinders. You will probably find them seeping and if so now's the time to change them.