Help!....what now? bed bolts

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by bob s, Jan 2, 2011.

1. bob s

bob s Member

My young helper friend twisted off one of the threaded slugs.that the bed bolts,.... attach the bed to the frame.He used An air gun set at 100 lbs tq.
    This is going o be a tricky repair in order to make the bed tighten down level and tight.
    What would you reccomend i do here? Those threaded slugs are just tack welded in to the square supports, that they reside in. Any ideas ...no matter what you may have its apprecaated to the fullest. i hope i worded this so one can understand whats going on here.

2. bob s

bob s Member

Help!....what now? bed bolts stripped

My young helper friend twisted off one of the threaded slugs.that the bed bolts,.... attach the bed to the frame.He used An air gun set at 100 lbs tq.
    This is going o be a tricky repair in order to make the bed tighten down level and tight.
    What would you reccomend i do here? Those threaded slugs are just tack welded in to the square supports, that they reside in. Any ideas ...no matter what you may have its apprecaated to the fullest. i hope i worded this so one can understand whats going on here.

3. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

*threads merged please only one thread per topic*****

4. bob s

bob s Member

How did i do that??? I don't really know,how.

5. bob s

bob s Member

stripped bed mount bolt /retaing nuts

How do you repair this problem?