Help why!!! Why!!!!

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by nexusstorm, Jun 3, 2009.

1. nexusstorm

nexusstorm New Member

ok i been trying for 5 days now to get emissions on my 2002 silverado and it keep's saying veh not complete there's no check engine light on. the test say's oxygen heater+ not complete and evap system + not complete

2. nexusstorm

nexusstorm New Member

also forgot to add that my truck is blowing hot air however the temp don't seem to get to 210 like it used to its right around 195 to 200

3. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Is the coolant lvl good?

4. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Before your computer will allow a retest the monitors have to be clear. In order for this to happen your truck has to complete an OBDII Drive Cycle. Until this happens your OBDII checks will show incomplete. There will be no check engine light involved with this. The check engine light will stay off unless the code resets. It could take a week or more to complete the cycle unless you know what the computer needs to see.

To complete an OBDII Drive Cycle, Click Here

1 person likes this.
  5. bry2500

bry2500 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Great info Jimmiee. This should be a sticky somewhere.

All moderators take notice of the link in jimmiee's post please.

6. nexusstorm

nexusstorm New Member

yes the coolent lvl is fine however im wonddering if its not a 50/50 mix if there's to much antifreeze and not enoungh water will this cause the heat of the motor to not start the oxygen sensor heater? and jimmie that is great info i never knew there was a drive cycle, HOWEVER iv been driving the truck for 1 whole year why did my computer reset its self or something? this truck has been great to me i shouldnt be mad at it but i am.

7. Jimmiee

The coolant mix won't have any effect on the sensors or monitors but a stuck open thermostat would keep the engine temp too low and just might cause a monitor not to reset.

8. nexusstorm

nexusstorm New Member

well jimmie im going to take a look at my thromostat just to be sure and im going to do this driving cycle and see what happen's i do have one problem with this driving cycle tho the first step say's that the coolent temp should be under 50 degree's i live in pa and its not real warm yet but its just over 50 at night will the few degree's more change this driving cycle from the get go?

9. Jimmiee

You should be good to go on the night time temperature. I think 50 is a ball park figure. The ECM knows the truck has been through a cold soak.

10. nexusstorm

nexusstorm New Member

ok jimmie im going to give it a shot tonight and see what happen's ill keep you up to date on what happen's