1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Help wiring electric brake controller for trailer

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by harleyag70, Feb 19, 2010.

1. harleyag70

harleyag70 New Member

I have a 2008 Trailblazer LS equipped with a towing package. I purchase an aftermarket controller which has four wires-white (for ground/negative terminal), blue (for electric trailer brakes), black ( for positive terminal from battery) and red ( cold wire for brake lights). My vehicle owners manual indicates wiring for electric brakes is located under the instrument panel. I have located an unused Delphi connector with 9 wires of various colors. What wire colors do I use for this model vehicle that correspond to above colors on the controller?
  2. black06

black06 Member

my harness was labeled,i just went out to look but couldn't tell which is what seems how they are all wrapped and stuff, try going to the brake controllers website should be able to find out for sure,if i remember right you don't use all of the wires from the gm harness and there should be a green fuse wrapped inside also to plug in the main box under the hood.