Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

HELP with 7-Way Trailer light plug Please!

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by gunsap, Aug 16, 2009.

1. gunsap

gunsap New Member

OK here is my issue, I had attempted to replace my 7-Way Trailer light plug on my 99 Suburban do to lots of corrosion and they could not keep a connection ( my left rear trailer light would not come on no longer) when I removed the old unit it was full of rust and corrosion and half the wires came right out once I cleaned up the wires and cut them back some reconnected everything I had the same issue I then re checked my work and connections tried again and now had no tile lights on the burban or trailer I checked all fuses had had a 30 aux fried fixed that but still now tail lights, brakes work and turns work fine I have know idea what the heck I have done any help would be great. Thanks

2. gatormike69

gatormike69 Rockstar 100 Posts

3. moosetags

moosetags Rockstar 100 Posts

Is it now just the trailer tail lights that are out or the Sub also

4. gunsap

gunsap New Member

Now its all the running lights. Headlights work turn signals work and brake lights work

5. moosetags

moosetags Rockstar 100 Posts

If the trailer has a good battery on board, take a piece of wire and jump the two contacts on either side of the key lug on the trailer's umbilical. This should light the clearance light and tail lights on the trailer. If it does, the problem is in the tow vehicle wiring circuit. This should be on a separate circuit from the TV's tail lights which has its own fuse. Check the fuse on this circuit. Hopefully, that is it.