1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Help with a hit and run on private property?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by BluBrett, Oct 8, 2010.

1. BluBrett

BluBrett New Member

Long story short, I was in my Acura Legend pulling out of a parking space that I backed into and a kid in a Honda Oddysey backed up into me when I was 1/3 the way out and took off. I got the idiot's license plate number and the police got his parents to contact me. The kid only hit my front bumper. The plastic around the screw under the hood is cracked, my bumper cover has 5 dents that the parents of the kid "can't see", and there are broken clips that hold the bumper cover on. I talked to his parents and they said their son said he was backing up and saw me in their mirror. He was supposedly honking at my already stopped car to make me get out of the way but he didn't stop. He "didn't think" he hit me.

WTF?

A) that makes no sense whatsoever and is obviously a lie. He didn't see me. I could only hear my honking. This is just such an obvious lie!!!

B) they said there is no damage on their Oddysey. They would know because the bumper was just replaced because their daughter backed into something! Hahahahaha!!! Their new, flexible bumper vs. My 15 year old, weathered, brittle, 223,000 mile bumper? Hmm, I wonder who would have more damage.

And C: I WAS ALREADY HALFWAY OUT OF MY PARKING SPACE YOU D-BAG!!! I HAD THE RIGHT OF WAY!!!!

I should be a lawyer. Lol. After all of these apparent lies, his parents still believe him.

So, what steps can i take next if they don't show up tomorrow?

2. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Did you file an accident report? Did the police make a report, or did they just contact the parents for you? If you have either of these reports then file in small claims court. If no report(s) then it's going to be a you said/he said and probably not worth your trouble. Have you talked to your ins. co. about this?

WAS THIS WORTHLESS LITTLE MUTT WHO DOESN'T EVEN DESERVE TO HAVE A DRIVERS LICENSE EVER CHARGED WITH HIT AND RUN?

***edit

LOL His parents probably DON'T believe him. They're just telling you that they believe him because they don't want to admit culpability and have to pay you.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Private property and a parking lot accident so the police probably wont take a report.
    The only real choice you have is small claims, wanna bet the judge will tell you it's a draw?
    Did you contact his insurance?
    Call your insurance company, dont file a claim with them just get his ins. info from them and file a claim with his ins. co..
    My daughter had something similar recently and we got the vehicle repaired through the other drivers ins. after she refused to provide ins. info.