Help With ABS/Parking Brake Lights....

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by paintedheart04, Feb 1, 2013.

1. paintedheart04

paintedheart04 New Member

A few months back, my ABS & Parking brake lights both come on & stay on. Hooked a code reader up & it stated that it may be a bad relay, amongst other things. So I am going about this by process of elimination and starting with replacing the relay. One problem, (and I will be the first to admit it) I don't know where it is located. If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated. I think it is near the module or part of it. No, I don't have a repair manual. Chilton's aren't what they use to be and Haynes aren't the greatest. Please help.

2. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the club. someone will move this to the right thread so you get some kind of answer.

3. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you here. :glasses: I think your relay will be under the hood on the drivers side. Good luck and keep us posted.

4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

****Thread Moved****
    To The
    General Chevy/G.M. Tech

5. paintedheart04

paintedheart04 New Member

OK, I looked in both fuse locations (under the hood & inside the drivers door on the side of the dash. Could not find anything labeled ABS on any of the relay locations.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. I know it had been a while since I posted that question, a lot been going on and now I am back to it.

6. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

It would be helpful to those who can offer an opinion/response if you could mention more details about your vehicle (i.e changed tire size, used a programmer, or any other pertinent information such as; can you get the lights to turn off once you reset the code; if so, when do the light come back on, etc. Reprogramming tire size sometimes sets off these lights but would need to know more.....