Help With ABS/Parking Brake Lights....

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by paintedheart04, Feb 1, 2013.

Newest Photos

1. paintedheart04

paintedheart04 New Member

A few months back, my ABS & Parking brake lights both come on & stay on. Hooked a code reader up & it stated that it may be a bad relay, amongst other things. So I am going about this by process of elimination and starting with replacing the relay. One problem, (and I will be the first to admit it) I don't know where it is located. If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated. I think it is near the module or part of it. No, I don't have a repair manual. Chilton's aren't what they use to be and Haynes aren't the greatest. Please help.
  2. Curky

Curky New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

welcome to the club. someone will move this to the right thread so you get some kind of answer.
  3. donyms

donyms Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you here. :glasses: I think your relay will be under the hood on the drivers side. Good luck and keep us posted.
  4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

****Thread Moved****
    To The
    General Chevy/G.M. Tech

5. paintedheart04

paintedheart04 New Member

OK, I looked in both fuse locations (under the hood & inside the drivers door on the side of the dash. Could not find anything labeled ABS on any of the relay locations.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. I know it had been a while since I posted that question, a lot been going on and now I am back to it.
  6. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

It would be helpful to those who can offer an opinion/response if you could mention more details about your vehicle (i.e changed tire size, used a programmer, or any other pertinent information such as; can you get the lights to turn off once you reset the code; if so, when do the light come back on, etc. Reprogramming tire size sometimes sets off these lights but would need to know more.....