1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Help with buying 90 suburban

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by workman4_82, Feb 2, 2010.

1. workman4_82

workman4_82 New Member

Hey guys. I'm new to the forum and suv's. I was hoping to get some help in the form of honest opinions and advice on a 90 Suburban I'm thinking about buying.

It's a 1990 Chevy Suburban 2500 Scottsdale 2wd. It has about 160,000 miles on it, a 5.7L 350 and a 400 auto trans. I looked it over and the body is in pretty good shape.

It only has very minor rust. Someone has removed the dash and headliner, but all the electronics are there and the wiring hasn't been spliced into.
    The Right rear passenger window is cracked as well as the left rear door window and left rear cargo window. It has a front bench seat that is heavily worn. I'll post a couple of pictures.

Than ks for any and all help.

Attached Files:

2. workman4_82

workman4_82 New Member

Here are some additional pictures.

Attached Files:

3. workman4_82

workman4_82 New Member

Here are the rest of the photos I have. I forgot to mention that they are asking $1000 for it.

Attached Files:

4. pmartin816

pmartin816 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

What are you're plans for the big burb?
  5. workman4_82

workman4_82 New Member

I need something that'll be reliable and I was also looking to restore it as well.
  6. pmartin816

I bought my truck just about 4 months ago and it had 160,000 miles on it. So far it has turned out to be a very reliable truck. I have no problems taking it for a long trip. Mine also has a 350 in it. I do like the barn doors that yours has. Kinda wish I had held out to find one with that option on it.
  7. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I think for the price, you can't go wrong. From the pictures I've seen, and what you have said, I think it will be a good looking suburban when you get it done. Good luck, I hope everything works out for you!:glasses:
  8. workman4_82

workman4_82 New Member

Thanks for the comments
  9. workman4_82

workman4_82 New Member

Does anyone know if I would be able to install the third row seat without major mods? What about the rear a/c or dual headlights?
  10. pmartin816

The dual headlights shouldnt be a problem just need to find the stuff. I've looked into the a/c a little and it looks like it could be a lot of work to get that done.