Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Help with Chevy plate.....

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by our95tahoe, Jan 14, 2009.

1. our95tahoe

our95tahoe New Member

About a year ago my husband and I were helping to clean out an old Chevy dealership. There were many things that the owner still had in the building that we had to sort through. We ended up bringing home a lot of old brochures from the 60's and 70's. My husband ended up finding a yellow license plate with 1-USA and Chevrolet underneath. We have searched the internet trying to find out when this plate was made but can't find any info. If anyone can help.....please let us know.

Thanks,
    Sarah and Jim Novak

[​IMG]
  2. mehoff400

mehoff400 Rockstar 100 Posts

pics would help alot
  3. our95tahoe

our95tahoe New Member

Posted a pic.....I can see it from my computer but I am guessing no one else can see. I will try another one. Hope this one is visible.

[​IMG]
  4. retired

retired Rockstar 100 Posts

Judging by the color of the tag it looks like a tag from the 70's, But it is just a tag that would have been put on the front of a vehicle.
  5. our95tahoe

our95tahoe New Member

thanks....we do know that it is not a dmv issued tag.....we are used to seeing the white tags that say "USA 1" on them but have not come across any like this and are just trying to find out what era this may have come from.
  6. JMoney02

JMoney02 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

This was one of the beginning plates in the late 1960's(67) and the intro to the 1970's for the Red/White?Blue USA-1 plates that they were putting on and giving away at the dealers. I remember a neighbor had one on his 1968 L-89 Corvettes......Man had cash and that car was Bad Ass....
  7. our95tahoe

our95tahoe New Member

Thanks JMoney.....more information than I had before!!!
  8. jn1965

jn1965 Member

Do you have the books for the 1963 Corvair and or the 1977 Impala?
    I would be interested in buying them...

Oh and the holy grail-- 1957 wagons with the Nomad would be great if you had one...