1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Help with interior light problem on 97 chev silerado ext 4x4

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by fd8215, Apr 24, 2009.

1. fd8215

fd8215 Member

My interior light stay on when I unlock the truck If I pull the fuse and put it back in the lights will stay off for sometime. Aswelll the interior lights will not turn on when you open the doors,they only come on when you unlock the truck with the remote or turn them on with the dimmer switch.I already replaced both door jam switches. I now suspect the interior lamp control module needs to be replaced. My delema is that the dealer says they think the interior lamp control module is part of the Keyless entry control module( a $300+ part) what I need to know for sure is if this is the case or not or is there still a seperate interior light control module I could change. Any help with this would be apreciated and if anyone has the proper part #s I would need would be great too.

Thanks

John