1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Help With My Stereo Problem

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Adam02suburban, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Adam02suburban

Adam02suburban New Member

Hello everyone. I live on Long Island, ny and just bought an 02 suburban z71. But I am very confused on the radio. Cde in glove box says UQ3 but all speaker covers and headliner mounted DVD player says Bose and onstar. I would love to put a double din stereo with nav, sat, Bluetooth, etc... But have been reading about different adapters for vehicles with Bose and without. Or loosing onstar. I know I will have to modify dash bezel and I can handle that I just don't want to loose onstar or the Bose amp or tv. Can anyone please advise....
    Adam
    IMG_20140110_195232522.jpg
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

****THREAD MOVED****
    To The
    GENERAL CHEVY/GM TECH QUESTION SECTION

3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

02 is Din and a 1/2 Not dbl din.. You can get a slide out unit (I had a Great Kenwood in my 02 Avalanche) or get it custom done.. I know a few custom shops to do it in the area..

And Welcome....:sign0016:
  4. Adam02suburban

I realize the size difference. I will be making room for the double din. I'm just wondering about the wiring side. What is needed to keep everything working.
  5. Enkeiavalanche

Well you have a factory Overhead? There is a harness that allows you to still use that and a aftermarket radio BUT it only works a few years Gonna have to look that one up.....

This is so you can get sound through the speakers from the DVD player..
  6. Adam02suburban

Yes I have a Bose overhead DVD player and Bose speakers but no Bose radio

- - - Updated - - -

ok so today i went in and played with the radio i think i have problems. everything has bose lable on them except the radio wich is a delco cd player. i also have a seperate tape deck and a control panel in the second row on console. when i put a dvd in the overhead i hear the mid row go silent and the sub turn off, but cant hear the dvd player in speakers. so when i turn on the rear controlsame thing. if i change the dvd player to av it shuts off the radio completely. if playing the dvd i can tune radio to 87.7 and hear it on all speakers. how do i get it to play on just the second row speakers so i can listen to the radio up front. i am so confused with this system. i am very mechanicaly inclined so any help on what to do i can handle it just need to be pointed in the right direction.Adam
  7. Enkeiavalanche

is it a factory or aftermarket DVD player It may be hooked up by a RF Mod. Kenwood Excelon radios have a 2 Zone system built in..
  8. Adam02suburban

it has a bose sticker on it. how do I find out if it was installed factory or after. is there code somewhere
  9. Enkeiavalanche

can you take a pic of it and the radio Please..