Help With My Stereo Problem

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Adam02suburban, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Adam02suburban

Adam02suburban New Member

Hello everyone. I live on Long Island, ny and just bought an 02 suburban z71. But I am very confused on the radio. Cde in glove box says UQ3 but all speaker covers and headliner mounted DVD player says Bose and onstar. I would love to put a double din stereo with nav, sat, Bluetooth, etc... But have been reading about different adapters for vehicles with Bose and without. Or loosing onstar. I know I will have to modify dash bezel and I can handle that I just don't want to loose onstar or the Bose amp or tv. Can anyone please advise....
    Adam
    IMG_20140110_195232522.jpg

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

****THREAD MOVED****
    To The
    GENERAL CHEVY/GM TECH QUESTION SECTION

3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

02 is Din and a 1/2 Not dbl din.. You can get a slide out unit (I had a Great Kenwood in my 02 Avalanche) or get it custom done.. I know a few custom shops to do it in the area..

And Welcome....:sign0016:

4. Adam02suburban

I realize the size difference. I will be making room for the double din. I'm just wondering about the wiring side. What is needed to keep everything working.

5. Enkeiavalanche

Well you have a factory Overhead? There is a harness that allows you to still use that and a aftermarket radio BUT it only works a few years Gonna have to look that one up.....

This is so you can get sound through the speakers from the DVD player..

6. Adam02suburban

Yes I have a Bose overhead DVD player and Bose speakers but no Bose radio

- - - Updated - - -

ok so today i went in and played with the radio i think i have problems. everything has bose lable on them except the radio wich is a delco cd player. i also have a seperate tape deck and a control panel in the second row on console. when i put a dvd in the overhead i hear the mid row go silent and the sub turn off, but cant hear the dvd player in speakers. so when i turn on the rear controlsame thing. if i change the dvd player to av it shuts off the radio completely. if playing the dvd i can tune radio to 87.7 and hear it on all speakers. how do i get it to play on just the second row speakers so i can listen to the radio up front. i am so confused with this system. i am very mechanicaly inclined so any help on what to do i can handle it just need to be pointed in the right direction.Adam

7. Enkeiavalanche

is it a factory or aftermarket DVD player It may be hooked up by a RF Mod. Kenwood Excelon radios have a 2 Zone system built in..

8. Adam02suburban

it has a bose sticker on it. how do I find out if it was installed factory or after. is there code somewhere

9. Enkeiavalanche

can you take a pic of it and the radio Please..