1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Help With OBD II Transmission Trouble Codes

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Silveradodide17, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Silveradodide17

Silveradodide17 New Member

Hi I have a 2000 silverado 5.3L v8 and my C.E.L came on and I put code reader on and these codes came up

P0332-Knock sensor signal frequency outside normal range ( bought a set gonna replace them this weekend)

P0452- fuel tank pressure sensor circuit, low voltage

P0740- torque converter clutch enable solenoid circuit

P0753- 1-2 shift solenoid circuit

P0758;P0785- 2-3 shift solenoid circuit

P1860- torque converter clutch pulse width modulator solenoid circuit

Those are the codes and showed up. And every time I put it into D it seems to take off in 3rd. But when I put it into 1, 2, 3 she seems to drive fine. I had this truck for about over a year now and need help before I dump a piss load of money in it for nothing. Please help
  2. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Might be a broken wire, or corroded connection of the wiring harness going to the transmission.
  3. Silveradodide17

Sorry to ask but where would I find the wiring harness. Lol I've never really got a chance to look under the truck. And how much would a harness be. I'll take a look tomorrow after work. I also took it to a transmission shop as they said it was a wire that was loose and the changed it. But my dash don't show anything too. Just when I have it on ACC when I go to start it, it shuts off, it pretty much has a mid of it's own I guess LOL
  4. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Look for a connector on the side of the transmission.
  5. Silveradodide17

That's the one that should have two wires. That's the one I found
  6. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

****Thread Moved****
    To The
    General Chevy/GM Tech Section