Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Help with P0101, P0300 Sensor Problems

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by relayer348, Nov 22, 2012.

1. relayer348

relayer348 New Member

Hi, I'm, Geoff in Mebane NC. I have a 97 Jimmy with 154,000 miles on it. bought it April with 149 k on it ran wonderful till Monday. on interstate running 70 then lost power.
    limped off and ran at 20 to safe area and called for backup. hour or so later backup arrived and trucked started and ran ok. took it back home 1\2 hour 20 miles, last 2 miles lost power again and limped in. codes show P0101 MAF error, P0300 random miss fire and p1406 erg error. Took MAF apart and cleaned with approved cleaner. one of wires is corroded and another is eehhh a little. Put back in and it runs ok till I get it on the road and no powereven though tack runs high. checked codes even though light didn't come on and got the p0300 misfire. wires and such look like they were replaced before I bought it in April. should I go with first thought , replace MAF or could I have a deeper problem? would appreciate any option. Thanks and have a great Turkey Day