Help with silverado.. Pics!!

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by crazi, Jun 14, 2009.

1. crazi

crazi New Member

So, I just got my truck from the shop and want to make it mine. I've had it since November so I think its time to do what want with it. I've already to the step bars off the side. I didn't like the way they looked. I took out the center console between the two front seats. It looks so nice now. My next project is to level my truck. I asked earlier about a leveling kit and got no responses. I decided to crawl underneath it today and get some pictures for you guys to help me out.
    The first pictures your looking at is my torsion keys and their bolts. My question is, since they are soo far out would I risk messing something up to crank them further??
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Next question is, Do my leaf springs have an Add-A-Leaf on it?? Please look and the leaf spring looking thing on the bottom of the stack and its not connected to anything and also towards the end of the stack there is a bracket of some sort just around the springs... Here is the picture.
    [​IMG]

2. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Extra leaf on the rear is because you have a K2500. I've no idea about the front but I'm sure someone else will have advice for you.

3. crazi

crazi New Member

So is it an upgrade or was it there stock?? I'm wanting to remove it if, it isn't stock.

4. SoCal Chevy

SoCal Chevy Rockstar 100 Posts

the only add on i can see on the back is the blocks. and no, the last leaf comes from the factory. its ur overload spring. its alot stiffer than the rest so it doesnt touch them so you get a softer ride when theres nothing in your truck bed. its purpose is that when your carrying a heavy load, your bed starts to go down, but once u hit the over load spring it gets a harder ride but more towing capacity.
    as far as ur front, srry. i have no idea how torsion keys even work

5. crazi

crazi New Member

Alright, thanks for the clarification