Help with Struts

Discussion in 'Chevy Venture Forum' started by wisconsinjimmy, May 18, 2017.

1. wisconsinjimmy

wisconsinjimmy New Member

I have a 2003 Venture with 115000 miles and am rebuilding the entire suspension system, struts-hubs and bearings-tierod and tierod ends plus new discs and calipers.
    But I ran into a problem with the struts I ordered from Amazon DTA 50086 but when I got them the part number is D271670 which is supposed to fit according to Rockauto and other sites, the problem I am having is that I can get two of the studs into the holes but the third bolt is about 1/4" off and both struts are like this. I could enlarge the one hole slightly but this goes against my grain. As I mentioned both struts have the same problem and to be honest I have never had this kind of problem.
    Thanks for listening
    Jim

2. RayVoy

RayVoy Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

They don't fit, send 'em back.

3. wisconsinjimmy

wisconsinjimmy New Member

My son came over and got the passenger side installed without to much trouble now the drivers side was a different animal and we had to enlarge one hole by a 16th of an inch. So the struts are in and I know my gas mileage is going to drop as these struts are heavy. I replaced both control arms and ball joints along with new bushings for the sway bar, new rotors and calipers my next project is the inner and outer tie rod which accordig to AlData I have to remove the rack. I have a new P/S Pump to install and two rear shocksl. Main thing was the struts and those are a GM nightmare.