Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Help with ways to improve ride quality

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Salesguy1980, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Salesguy1980

Salesguy1980 Rockstar 100 Posts

I have about 6200 miles on my 2 month old Sierra 2500HD Crew Z71 Trailer and snow plow packages and 6.0 Gas. I love the height and don't want to changeit or the tire size. I have Michelin LTX AT II for tires and they run very smooth on the stock 18" Aluminum wheels.

I want to get a "softer" ride if possible. I do not currently tow, I willoccasionally have a load in back up to 2500lbs but mostly run empty.

What would make sense to try to smooth out the hard bumps and buckboard feel? I do mostly highway but do drive in cities about 30% of the time.

I am thinking airbags for the rear? Ive been reading about the firestone ride rite system for about $300. Anyone have experience with this system? are there "better" ones to look at? Not trying to make this a huge expense just want to keep my coffee from spilling while driving lol

Thanks in advance for everyone's input and advice
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Have you checked you tire pressure?? May be something as simple as over inflated tires. Look in your drivers door for inflation recommendations.