Help!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by tyetye1, Nov 19, 2011.

1. tyetye1

tyetye1 New Member

i am having trouble getting my timing set new gears and chain, new cap and rotor button, new plugs and wires and a lot of new sensors. Why is it when i try to crank the engine over it cranks really slow and long loobs. It is kinda like engine is in a bind when cranking and when it starts if the battery makes it that long, it runs smooth?

2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C ! You will have a better shot at getting help/answers if you post in one of thge "Tech" forums. Good luck!

3. sgtsjj

sgtsjj Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the club, hope you get it all sorted out

4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club. More info would be helpful like engine type, year, truck type and year.

5. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome aboard and you already have heard the steps you should take to get some help. Truck, engine, model year, how many miles on the engine and the symptoms before you did all the work. Post that in the appropriate technical forum or click on the user name of any of the guys who have posted on your thread if you are not sure where you should post. It will take you to their member profile so you can send a Private Message and get some help.

My 98 burb does the same thing and it is because I need a new starter. It could be a bad connection or corrosion in the battery cables. Mine does it only when the engine is hot which is an indicator that the starter windings are failing.

6. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!! Give the tech area a try. There are alot of helpful people in that area!!!

7. Denn

Denn New Member

please help me to know what is all about in truck storage in Corona?