1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Help!!!

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Kyle'sZ71, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Kyle'sZ71

Kyle'sZ71 New Member

I am trying to remove my wiper arms on my 96 sierra and I flip the tab out but they wont pull up! I have tried to grease them and wiggle and pull but nothing seems to work, is there a nut or something else that needs to come off?

2. TMair

TMair Member

If there is a nut in there it would be under a plastic cover on the end of the wiper arm where it attaches to the little spindle that moves the arm, you would be able to tell if that cover is there, but on the ones with the little clip we used to pull the clip out as far is it will go, then lift the blade off of the wind shield to releive the pressure on the arm where it attaches, then kind of wiggle the arm, sometimes they come right off, if not you can use a large flat screw driver to gently pry the arm off.
    I hope this helps.
    Terry

3. johnb9173

johnb9173 New Member

if it is the clip type then you almost have to pull up on the arm and down on the arm hinge at the same time it can be a pain in the butt

4. TMair

TMair Member

This is right, and as you can tell it is way harder to explain/discribe then it is to do.
    Terry