Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

helpppp!!!!! Door not closing properly.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by mike 099, Jul 26, 2012.

1. mike 099

mike 099 New Member

for some reason something happened to to my passenger side door. It is now overlapping the rear door and there is a big air leak and water is starting to leak through if anyone knows any solutions please reply

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2012
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Year Make and Model please? Pic would help too...

3. mike 099

mike 099 New Member

it is a 1999 silverado 1500 ls

4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Did you get it new or used? Take a look at the Door hinges first. Is there rust around them? Are the Bolts loose?

5. billnorman

billnorman Rockstar 100 Posts

I don't know about the 1999 model but on the 2007 of mine if you don't SLAM! the rear door it does the same thing. Ever since new.

6. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

It can only be one of two things, a bad/broken bottom door hinge; or, someone has banged the front corner and pushed the fender and "A" pillar post back and out of alignment.

Ok, a third possibility, someone has banged the rear of the truck and pushed the rear door forward into the hole for the front door.