1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

HELPPPP - I have no idea what's going on haha

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by 1995ChevyHoe, Dec 5, 2009.

1. 1995ChevyHoe

1995ChevyHoe Member

1995 chevy tahoe 5.7L tbi, 5 speed manual transmission.

I was leaving my road about two weeks ago, and right before grabbing second I got this loud grinding, and for the next half hour or so, at highway speeds I would get a short grinding/clunking when I went over bumps. This noise has come and gone over the last few weeks, and is completely inconsistent, in no specific gear, or speed. Accompaning this is a "ping" each and every time I begin to move, as if something is releasing (driveshaft/Ujoints?) and has since begun to do it with some shifts as well, as I let the clutch out or so it seems. All the while the other noise continues, but not as much as the first day. I have brought it to a tranny place and they said it's not that because it's way to inconsistent. If anyone has any thoughts, please feel free to lay it on me, I'm just looking for somewhere to start looking.

Thanks a bunch.